photo home_zps54502f38.jpg photo about_zps54e7cdcc.jpg photo askme_zpsc809bee9.jpg    photo youtube_zpse0ab03bf.jpg photo twitter_zpsb5423cd0.jpg photo instagram_zps0c76a61c.jpg photo pinterest_zps9a893904.jpg

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Here it is, my first official blog post.

I should probably begin by saying that I'm not very good at sticking to things. At all.
I've attempted to start numerous diaries, blogs, and accounts on various social networking mediums. For example, you'll find me on all of the following: tumblr, twitter, facebook, myspace, lookbook, formspring, bebo, and now, for what is at least the third time; blogspot.
I also understand what a completely saturated media resource the world of blogging is. When it comes to style blogging, everything, and I mean everything has been done before. There's no such thing as originality in fashion, no matter how kooky you are or how many charity stores you painstakingly pick your way through to discover its most obscure items. There's just good style.

That said, and as my name hopefully conveys, I adore fashion. I mean, obviously, it comes with the gender right? However, I have gone through my life both believing and pushing myself to follow a legal career path. I did the law A level, and I've just finished my Law degree. But, (and not to sound like every other girl with an internet connection) after 21 years, I think I've realised that what I really strive for is to found a career in fashion.
So, here I am, starting small. Whether this blog ever actually comes to receive any recognition by the public at large is a feat yet to be seen. As is the question of whether or not I'll actually stick to posting on it. Two things which I think have a fairly causal relationship...

Anyway, I'll just start by introducing myself :)
My name is Samantha, I'm 21 years old and am currently meandering in a limbo between graduating and finding my 'life calling'. I read up on many fashion related blogs, articles, features and of course magazines! I don't consider myself qualified in the slightest to pass judgement on whatever anyone else chooses to wear, do to their hair, or look like generally. All I have is my opinion and that's what I wish to share through this page.
I would like positive vibes only, if you have nothing nice to say - please, go and get a cookie, or a nice cup of tea. Don't waste your time writing something horrible; it'll only be regretful for us both.
I am not a size 0 and do not represent for the higher end priciest fashion. I am not rich and buy what I like when I can. I love what I love and I'm afraid, as this is my blog, you're just gonna have to deal with it.

Any and all banter is of course permitted :)

Looking forward to my first proper post,

Amant de la mode

No comments:

Post a Comment